Friday, September 3, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Selena Gomez: 'I Wanted to Be Blond with Blue Eyes'

EXCLUSIVE: Selena Gomez: 'I Wanted to Be Blond with Blue Eyes'

Getty Images - EXCLUSIVE: Selena Gomez: ¿I Wanted to Be Blond with Blue Eyes¿.
Getty Images
Selena Gomez is one of the biggest teen stars on the planet right now. In person, the gorgeous 18-year-old star of Wizards of Waverly Place is confidence personified, and there's a sweetness about her that makes her rock star edginess glow even brighter. She has no reason to feel insecure; but, as she admitted to us, she has in the past.


"When I was younger I would say, 'I wish I were blond and blue-eyed' because that's all I saw on TV," confesses Selena. "And because that's all I would see, that's all that I thought was beautiful."
Selena told Latina.com that while she loves her millions of young fans, she gets a lot of moms who come up to her and thank her for being a good TV role-model to their Latina daughters -- someone they can look up to and want to be like.
"I know that young girls get that feeling, because I had that feeling," says Selena about wanting to be blond and blue. "I wouldn't want any other girl to have that feeling. And if they want to be a singer or an actress or a teacher --- I feel like they shouldn't think that they have to look a certain way," she adds.
Gomez says before she landed the lead role of Alex Russo on Disney's Emmy-winning Wizards of Waverly Place, she was told she'd never get the part.
"I had been told that I wouldn't have my own show partly because the Disney Channel didn't have a Mexican show," she recalls. "But when I met with Disney, they were so family-oriented and they wanted that show. I was extremely honored because we are the first Latin show the Disney Channel has had."
Now that Selena is a huge star with millions of fans -- a hit TV show, a movie career, her very own fashion line and her second album, A Year Without Rain, on the way, she admits she's changed her mind about that dye job. Asked if she still wishes she were blond and blue, she smiles and says, "Gosh no. I'd look horrible!" Atta girl!
(i dont own anything)
                     ***
Robert Pattinson wants better six pack than Taylor lautner

No comments:

Post a Comment